We're proud to have achieved improvements to the way Solihull's health and social care partners are delivering care to local people. Here's what has been achieved as a result of partners coming together, uniting under a single vision:
Community Advice Hubs
Solihull’s two Community Advice Hubs, based at Chelmsley Wood library and The Core, are the places to go for face to face information, advice and support. Run by Age UK Solihull, the Hubs bring together expertise from local voluntary organisations. They offer support and advice to residents on a wide range of topics, including independent living, benefits and grants, support for carers and mental health issues.
Our two hubs are:
- Community Advice Hub (north) Chelmsley Wood Library, 10 West Mall, Chelmsley Wood Shopping Centre B37 5TN
- Community Advice Hub (south) The Core, Homer Road, Solihull B91 3RG
Better Living Centre
The Better Living Centre, based on the Elmdon Trading Estate, offers four services under one roof:
- Community equipment and wheelchair service
- Occupational therapy
- Assistive Technology and Useful Gadgets
- Solihull Community Housing’s Safe and Sound service
Staff at the Better Living Centre offer free, impartial advice about independent living and provide demonstrations of useful gadgets, adaptations and equipment.
- Unit 4, Elmdon Trading Estate, Bickenhill Lane, Solihull B37 7HE Link for more information:
Solihull MyLife is a website managed by Solihull Council which provides comprehensive advice and information on local services available to help residents live a healthy, happy and independent life.
Visit the portal now: https://solihull.mylifeportal.co.uk.
Solihull Hospital is continuing its journey to having a full Urgent Care Centre on site. The Urgent Primary Care service provides an urgent ‘see and treat’ service for patients with minor illnesses. This service is for patients without a prior booked appointment. The Booked Primary Care service is for patients who have had an appointment booked for them, either via 111, their GP out-of-hours service or in some instances at the Urgent Primary Care service.
- Solihull Hospital, Lode Lane Solihull B91 2JL