Organisers today released details of the finalists in the Solihull Together for better lives 2016 Awards. Now in their second year, the awards attracted over 100 nominations from Solihull residents, professionals and local organisations – twice as many nominations as last year.
Winners in each category will be revealed at the awards ceremony which will be held at the Renewal Conference Centre, Lode Lane on the afternoon of Thursday 21 April.
The awards will be hosted by the Rt Hon Jacqui Smith, Chair of Heart of England NHS Foundation Trust.
The awards were created in 2015 by the Solihull Together for better lives partnership: NHS Solihull Clinical Commissioning Group, Solihull Metropolitan Borough Council, Heart of England NHS Foundation Trust, Birmingham and Solihull Mental Health NHS Foundation Trust, West Midlands Ambulance Service, Solihull voluntary and community sector and lay members representing people using their services, their carers and the wider Solihull community.
For 2016 the awards are celebrating the work of individuals and organisations who provide outstanding care and support to adults in Solihull.
The Solihull Together Chairman’s Award, which is given by the Awards Judging Panel to an individual or organisation that has demonstrated outstanding commitment to improving the lives of Solihull citizens, will be revealed at the ceremony.
The named category finalists were announced as follows:
Care Professional of the Year
- Joanne Mackinnon, Welcome Charity
- Andy Warmington, Inclusive Sports Academy CIC
- Michelle Meddings, Promoting Independence Team, Solihull Council
Health Professional of the Year
- Dr Susan Powell, Consultant Geriatrician, Solihull Hospital
- Dr Vijayan Suresh, Consultant Physician and Nephrologist, Solihull Hospital
- Dr Reema Swarna, Associate Specialist Doctor, Birmingham & Solihull Mental Health NHS Foundation Trust
Care Team of the Year
- CREST (Community Rehabilitation Enablement & Support Team), Solihull Council
- David Bromley House Team, Birmingham & Solihull Mental Health NHS Foundation Trust
- Care of the Elderly Team, Solihull Hospital
- Aviary House, Home Group
Primary Care Service of the Year
- Next Steps: Living well with Dementia initiative, led by Memory Assessment Service, Birmingham & Solihull Mental Health NHS Foundation Trust
- Hobs Moat Medical Centre
- Amanda Shakespeare & Dorridge Surgery
Award for Dementia-friendly Service
- Moments Café, Solihull
- Swallows Meadow Court, Care & Nursing Home
- Admiral Nurses, Birmingham & Solihull Mental Health NHS Foundation Trust
- Enhanced Care Team, Solihull Hospital
Award for Collaborative Working
- Regulatory Services Team, Solihull Council
- Solihull Community Housing’s Wellbeing Service
- Solihull Rehabilitation Pathways
- Discharge to Assess Team
Award for Outstanding Project Delivered in the Community
- Cycling Projects/Solihull Council
- Aviary House, Home Group
Beyond the Call of Duty Award
- Becky McGann, Solihull Community House’s Wellbeing Service
- Phyllis Bailey, Health Exchange
- Emma Francis, Home Group
Award for Outstanding Customer Experience
- Hampton Health & Fitness Club
- Solihull Connect
- Diabetes & Endocrinology Department, Heart of England NHS Foundation Trust
Award for Outstanding Neighbour
- Sue Piper & Sarah Miles, Vauxhall Crescent Street Association
- Steve and Tina Hands
- Wendy Wood